1. Sitting on the curb on a rainy day with our feet in the rushing water and trying to make little dirt dams
2. Dipping my raw carrots in ketchup
3. Mary the rabbit, Chocolate the dog, and Cheema the cat....and Cheema #2, the next cat!
4. The smell of Carmen's tacos
5. Playing baseball, and hide and seek in our backyard
6. The smell of the little cedar boxes we always bought in Ruidoso
7. Running away to Roy English's house, and Mom saying "OK!"
8. Sargent, who had the most beautiful lawn on the block
9. Our babysitter who always threatened to call the cops on us, and whose dad just happened to be the Chief of Police!
10. The smell of mothballs at Grandma's house....mmmmmmm
11. Having to listen to Daddy read instruction manuals for each and every new appliance we ever bought! I NEVER read instruction manuals now.
12. Climbing the China Berry tree and crossing the patio roof to get to our tree house
13. Jumping on the Jenkins' trampoline and drinking their milk out of their side-by-side, restaurant-style milk machine. It was always so yummy and cold!
14. Using TV trays to slide down the hill when it snowed
15. Watching "The Mummy" with Patti and Rico and being scared to death - every time!
16. Flying kites in the park across the street
17. Rico throwing Patti's "Flower Drum Song" record like a frisbee over the fence of the reservoir because she played it so many times. He had warned her.....
18. Our dog Mutts, running around the yard with Daddy's freshly grilled (or should I say freshly charred!) chicken or steaks
19. Our flocked Christmas trees
20. How Mother made each and every Christmas magical