Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Unexpected Bargain!

Not far from my house is a furniture store - Charlotte's.  I've been in there before, and unless you're dressed appropriately for a gala, dripping with diamonds, and with bullet-proof Texas hair, they won't even look at you, much less wait on you.  Knowing this, I decided to take a another chance, and I bounced in there with my capris, sandals and average looking blouse.  Also my hair was typical "me hair," but it was clean, and I had it stylishly pulled back behind one ear, so my pretty earrings would show.  That's all I had going for me!  Well that, and my very attractive purse, on which I get many compliments!

Two sales ladies were sitting at a desk, chatting, and after what seemed like 20 minutes, they both turned to look at me, and then looked away!  I thought, "Again???" So just as I whirled around on my very sore heel (big mistake!) to leave the store, one of the ladies actually got up and offered to help me, and she was nice!  Stunned, I just stood there for a minute, not knowing how to respond.  I thought maybe she meant she would help me out the door. 

I was looking for a cabinet that would hold my kitchen dishes.  The catch was it had to fit in a space 36" x 27" x 8 feet.  She showed me several pieces, all of which were very classy, and none of which would work.  Just as she was going to have me look through some catalogues, she remembered this beat up, but interesting antique piece.  I fell in love with it, and the measurements were perfect!  I thought it was very expensive, for what it is, but I'm a good talker.  After a few minutes I had them almost begging me to take it off their hands, and they would even deliver it for free!  (I exaggerate a bit here).  But I got the piece, along with some pretty deep discounts.  I thought when all was said and done, it was a fair price!  

As I was leaving the store, the nice sales person mentioned that the store had a free consulting service.  I jumped all over that!  She came by yesterday, and we chose a couple of great paint colors for the kitchen, so we'll see.   You who have seen my monochromatic kitchen will understand why I took her up on this service.  I was going to ask for her help with my study, but I didn't dare let her in there.  I would have had to ask her to sign a release from liability form!

No comments:

Post a Comment