In my "25 Random Things About Me" post, I referred to something I heard on the Today Show earlier this year - a list of 7 ways to de-stress. The list was just different enough from most of the other ideas we hear about so often, and I thought you'd like to see it.
1. Exercise to decrease stress hormones.
2. Do some deep breathing.
3. Stay away from caffeine and alcohol.
4. Keep a Joy Journal. Write down things that make you happy instead of dwelling on your adversities. Keep the "daily grind" in another journal.
5. Schedule your "fret" time. ("I'll think about that later.")
6. Wean yourself off "triggers" such as checking the stock market every hour during the day, or weighing yourself every day. Check the stock market only once during the day, and jump on the scale once a week.
7. Take charge and take action of the things you can change. Let go of everything else.
There now! Don't you feel better already?