Thursday, June 5, 2008

Chocolate in Church


Just a response to "Roaches," in which Bobbi delighted in telling the story of my unfortunate experience at the store, which wasn't Hobby Lobby or WalMart, by the way. It happened at an automotive store down on Alameda Street, for the record.
Anyway, getting to my story which illustrates why Bobbi should be more appreciative of the contents of my purse: A few weeks ago, during Sunday School, I believe it was, I'm fumbling around in my purse and discover half of a large chocolate bar in a torn wrapper, being that it's half eaten already. I get it out of my purse and kindly and generously offer some of it to Bobbi. She looks at it disgustedly, makes a comment about the poor condition of the wrapper and about the contents of my purse in general, takes it and shows the whole thing to Rocky who just shakes his head, if I remember right. The next thing I know, however, she has apparently and quickly overcome her aversion to the poorly wrapped chocolate and has scarffed down not only her share, but mine as well! So I think Bobbi should show a little more appreciation for my purse and the contents thereof, which once provided her chocolate fix at church!

4 comments:

  1. You're both going to have purses like Grandma Mittie anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always knew that Bobbi would someday stoop to my mom's level, given the proper incentive. The problem is that my mom has, in some ways (i.e. storing roaches and half-eaten chocolate), stooped to my dad's level over the years, so Bobbi has stooped a long way....

    ReplyDelete
  3. In order to stoop to Ed's level, you both need fanny packs. I don't see that coming to pass, though stranger things have happened. Wouldn't that be cute, though? My mom and Patti, unsuccessfully stifling laughter in church, fumbling around in their roach infested fanny packs for a pen so they can write notes to each other on the program?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tro, if there is one mental picture that captures the essence of mom and Bob, you nailed it!

    ReplyDelete